You need a bridge or dental implant here are the options.
Alternatives in modern dentistry to replace a tooth that we have lost are the bridges and implants we are going to start by the bridges these are divided in two those that are fixed and those that are
removable bridges. Removable bridges are metal structures with hooks that are attached to the bridge.
Grip the other teeth in order to hold the prosthesis normally
we replace one or more teeth that gives us advantages and disadvantages we are going to see the
- Advantage number one a removable bridge is cheaper than a bridge fixed or an implant this can go up to practically half the cost.
- Advantage number two is very fast a removable bridge can be made in practically two weeks.
- Advantage number three is not a definitive option we can always make a fixed bridge after or an implant.
- Advantage number four and one of the most important there is null or almost no mental wear.
- Advantage number five can be used as a temporary before putting you a bridge fixed or an implant in what one decides what to do is a very important advantage because it gives you time to decide what you can do and while you can already have one tooth.
- Advantage number six hygiene is relatively easy. Let's see the disadvantages the disadvantage that probably most displeases the patients is that as its name says it is a removable is removed and therefore It's easy to lose. You have to know where you left it. No is comfortable, also if it is not well done can be evicted and you can see yourself in a painful situation if you are in an important event.
- Disadvantage number two leads hooks between mobiles means that aesthetically it can get in the way a little bit. the sight and betray that it's a removable normally people don't like that is seen wearing a prosthesis then this is a great disadvantage of the removable when they are in the front there are some removable that use hooks that are not metallic are plastics but in the long run that break and apart produce other problems I them I recommend using removables that bring us metal hooks for the enormous disadvantages that they present then we are going to see now what other option we have for be able to rehabilitate a tooth without having to be removable. We have the option of a fixed bridge, what is a fixed bridge? a fixed bridge is going to replace a tooth grinding or wearing out neighboring teeth what does this mean? that when you missing one tooth neighbors are carved and comes a bridge of three teeth holding to the middle, what advantages does this fixed bridge give us?
- Number one is fixedmeans that you don't evacuate and you don't remove that gives you greater security without having to be thinking about what you're going to drop as opposed to the removable is that no It's got hooks so you can't practically see you're bringing a bridge.
- Number three advantage is relatively fast can be done in a couple of weeks and then you don't have to wait long to get your definitive tooth.
- Advantage number four this is an advantage and disadvantage because it is cheaper than the dental implant but it is less economical than a removable one is at an intermediate price of the three treatments we're seeing right now.
- Advantage number five sometimes when one loses a tooth the neighboring teeth They also have cavities so the bridge is going to help you repair both teeth of the side plus the one we are replacing if the case applies is a good option now let's see what disadvantages has a fixed bridge.
- Disadvantage number one wearing down if your teeth like it are healthy that the fixed bridge is your last choice because you really have to wear out enough the tooth to replace a wearing part has you be like your last choice to actually make a fixed bridge.
- Disadvantage number two is irreversible once your teeth wear out. next door you can no longer return the enamel so it is always recommended the option of a specialist so that you can really be sure that the fixed bridge is your unique and best option.
- Disadvantage number three hygiene is going to be complicated to clean the middle of the two teeth where the bridge is complicated there are that flossing between the two of us is always going to be a difficulty to clean.
- Disadvantage number four if one of the two pillars fails remove the whole bridge to be very careful, it has to be very well done to ensure that they last for many years because if there are errors in any of them there must be remove the entire prosthesis and start over.
- Disadvantage number five if this bridge, the bone below, is used for many years.where the missing tooth is going to heal completely and it's going to be very complicated to place an implant afterwards so think very carefully when you are going to place a fixed bridge at all these disadvantages and advantages. To see if you can it is really convenient to make this bridge we are now going to see implants then the dental implant consists of placing a titanium cylinder inside your bone. which is a surgery that doesn't really bother you because you're anesthetized and over. this implant must be placed with a screwed crown. Yes would like to tell you what are the advantages and disadvantages of a treatment with an implant.
- Advantage number one is fixed and does not have to be removed.
- Advantage number two does not exist no tooth wear that's given us much less invasive treatments and options where you don't have to. touching healthy teeth.
- Advantage number three implants have a 97 percent chance of success is the highest success rate there is in dentistry.
- Advantage number four the cleaning of the individual implant is very simple is how a tooth itself can be flossed backwards and backwards. can clean perfectly well.
- Advantage number five the human ability and the technology allow us to obtain astonishing aesthetic results in the dental implants.
- Advantage number six has neither hooks nor acrylic therefore is not going to see in any object that hinders us from eating.
- Advantage number seven nowadays there are patients who do not have any teeth and with 4 or 6 implants. can have all of their complete dentures back so dental implants are an excellent choice because they have many advantages. Let's see what disadvantages have.
- Disadvantage number one the cost of the three treatments that we have reviewed this is the most expensive but ultimately the investment definitely recovers because it is a treatment that lasts many, many years.
- Disadvantage number two waiting time is not the same two weeks for to have a tooth to have to wait two months at least so you can have your tooth ready on waiting time is prolonged so you have to have more patience.
- Disadvantage number three unfortunately of patients who can't be waited on. to apply implants patients for example who received radiotherapy in zone near the jaw patients taking bisphosphonates which are some medicines that give for osteoporosis, diabetics or with problems in the immune system that may be more prone to infections as well as other systemic problems that you should discuss in your practice before placing implants then how can they see there are many options for replacing a tooth that was lost. You will definitely see it with your prosthesis specialist so that he can perform your treatment, if they believe that any advantage or disadvantage of the treatments is missing that we mention leave in the comments that feedback is always very importantnpositive.
Click here if you are looking for a dental office near you.